Building Codes has moved to the Basement of the Administration Building across the hall from the Soil & Water Department
We are pleased to offer several county permit and license applications online. Please download the form (in PDF format), fill out completely and return to the appropriate department office.
If your permit or license application is not offered online, please call or visit the appropriate office to obtain the application.
(Please note: Adobe Acrobat may be required to view these PDF documents. Download your free version here.)
Offices in the County Administration Building are normally open from 7:30 to 4:00 Monday - Friday.
Procedure for Building Permits
1. Building Code Department - Main Level
- Drop off plans
- For all electronic communications, please include a contact phone number in the body of all email correspondence.
Commercial Requirements: (download PDFs)
Residential Requirements: (download PDFs)
2. Map Office - Main Level
- Pick up address slip, if it is a new address
3. Wayne Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD) - Lower Level
- Fill out CAP (Construction Application for Permit)
- CAP FORM (download PDF)
4. Health Department - Lower Level
- Septic System Review - signs CAP, if applicable
5. Planning Department - Lower Level
- Obtain floodplain permit - signs CAP, if applicable
6. County Engineer’s Office - located at 3151 W. Old Lincoln Way
- Obtain drive pipe permit (for a new drive or other work onto a County road Right-Of-Way) - signs CAP, if applicable
7. Wayne Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD) - Lower Level
- Final signature on CAP
8. Building Code Department - Main Level
- Take copy of approved CAP (& floodplain permit)