This social media page is intended to provide information to a wide number of people quickly, not as an in-depth or complete source of information, but as an evolving supplement, not replacement, to Wayne County official websites, press releases, and in-person communications. For these reasons, staff may not respond to every comment or question posted on the County’s social media accounts. Any responses to comments will be posted within available office hours and within the varying parameters of staff availability; information conveyed after hours will not be received until the next business day. Please also note that opinions and comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or position of the entity, its elected officials or its employees. NOTE! If you have an emergency to report, do not use this method of communication but rather, call 911 (if 911 is not applicable, please contact the appropriate office).
Please note that comments expressed on the County’s social media accounts may not reflect the opinions or positions of Wayne County, its employees, or its elected officials. Postings should be factual, respectful, on-point, and reasonably avoid being thought of as spam, off-topic, or offensive. Wayne County reserves the right to remove any comments, questions, or postings containing:
- profane or defamatory language or content
- personal attacks, harassments, or threats against any individual or organization
- content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- content not topically related to the particular social medium article being commented upon
- support for or against any political campaign or ballot measures
- advocacy for or against any religion or non-religion
- copyright infringements or other legal violations
- solicitations of commerce
- sexual content or links to sexual content
- conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
The County reserves the right to restrict or remove any content deemed in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law. All removed comments will be saved by the Administrator for public record retention purposes. When a comment is removed, a note will be posted in its place explaining the violation.