ALL OPPORTUNITIES MAY NOT BE POSTED ON THIS PAGE. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A SPECIFIC POSITION, PLEASE CONTACT THAT OFFICE.
The Wayne County Commissioners appoint Wayne County citizens to a wide variety of community boards and agencies. Your experience and skill set could be a wonderful way to contribute to the community, as well as adding value to your resume! Please see below for current volunteer/unpaid opportunities. If interested, please fill out the application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Wayne County Commissioners, 428 West Liberty Street, Wooster, OH 44691. Thank you!
- Wayne County Planning Commission (click here to download application) Deadline is Monday October 30, 2017
The Wayne County Planning Commission is charged with county-wide comprehensive planning; review of subdivisions in the unincorporated areas of the county; recommendations on zoning map and text amendments; and the review of other development plans and proposals. The Planning Commission is comprised of the three County Commissioners and eight other citizens appointed by the County Commissioners. The Planning Commission meets once per month.
Here are the answers to frequently asked questions about the Planning Commission:
- Planning Commission members are appointed to 3-year terms which begin January 1.
- The meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 3 pm in the County Administration Building.
- The Planning Commission reviews Major Subdivision proposals, Common Access Drive proposals, and Variance requests in most of the unincorporated areas of the county.
- Present membership: By the Ohio Revised Code - the commissioners: Ann Obrecht; Sue Smail; Ron Amstutz.
- The remaining 8 members of the 11 member board are appointed by the commissioners. Current appointees are: Bill Cletzer, Eugene Pouly, John Fitzpatrick, Robert Gralinski, Brian Gwin, Joel Montgomery, Dick Stull, Steve Wheeler. The terms of Mr. Cletzer, Mr. Fitzpatrick and Mr. Stull are expiring.